A Frontend Engineer who engages in improving UX and refining team's workflow for development efficiency.
- Redux, Apollo GraphQL
- Node.js, Express.js
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
Sr. Frontend Engineer
17 Media, Taiwan
2018/03 - 2019/07
- Created from scratch a VIP income system by conducting the end-user interview before working on the design independently in the absence of a designer. The system led to 60% fewer mistakes made in the daily operations of the VIP team.
- Optimized the performance of a gift management system with large lists. Before the optimization, it was sluggish and the drag-and-drop far from satisfactory; however by reducing the number of elements when rendering it can finally deliver a silky 60FPS experience.
- Created an internal CLI to facilitate deployment process. It allows developers working on different features and deploy them independently on different URLs while still sharing the same backend server. It greatly facilitates the deployment process for everyone and makes it easier for them to demonstrate the new features to the end users independently.
- Led the team on exploring best practices and drawing up schema conventions for GraphQL-based developments.
- Built a refined testing environment for our team by integrating Circle CI with GitHub, and compiled documents on the unit test guide.
- Upgraded React to v16 without breaking anything with the help of e2e tests, codemod and a thorough validation plan.
- Apollo GraphQL
commandp Inc., Taiwan
2015/12 - 2017/03
"commandp" was a start-up that helps individuals create their customized products such as phone case, t-shirt, and etc..
- Built a hybrid App based on React Native, and optimized network usage, animations, and large lists. Resulted in speeding up iteration and benefited business logic changing.
- Architected and implemented a universal checkout web app based on React and Express. Resulted in exempting from repetitively building checkout features in different platforms (iOS, Android, and web pages).
- Developed and documented an editing tool SDK based on React and canvas, which was successfully selected by the Chinese largest gift website (liwusuo.com) and brought a profit for commandp.
- Coordinated the effort of communication between the frontend and backend team by drawing up RESTful API, and providing Rails helpers for consistent UI.
- Pioneered unit testing, frontend deployment automation, and development process. Increase the code quality and relieve the burden on developers.
- React Native
- Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails Developer
Brubecker Technology, Taiwan
2014/08 - 2015/10
- Developed and maintained projects using Ruby on Rails, and practiced OOP and TDD
- Migrated API service from Node.js to Ruby on Rails
- Improved CSS structure. Unified naming style and made CSS modulized
- Redesigned the company website to make it more responsive and better looking
- Ruby on Rails
- RSpec and Minitest
- AWS EC2, RDS, S3, SNS, EB
Hong Ding Educational Technology, Taiwan
2013/07 - 2014/06
- Leaded a team to build a online course platform that helps 12 universities to train their teaching assistants.
- Developed Oauth2 provider system based on Java.
- Designed and implmented a relationship management system for schools.
- As an instructor, helped customers use company's products efficiently.
- Java, JSP
- PHP, CodeIgniter
- OAuth 2.0
ALPHA Hackathon 2015 (2nd prize)
Help picking what to cook by dishs' color. Responsible for UI, frontend & admin consoel
- Ruby on Rails
Ruby Book Club
2015 - 2016
Hosted twice a month with Ruby enthusiasts for deeper understanding Ruby.
- Metaprogramming Ruby
- Rails 4 Test Prescriptions
Rails Girls Taipei 4th/ 5th/ 6th
Contributed to the diversity of Rails community.