A Frontend Engineer who engages in improving UX and team's development efficiency.
- React, Vue, webpack
- Node.js, Express.js
Frontend Sub-Lead (O2O Team)
2020/02 - Present
- Initially joined as a frontend engineer, stepped forward to take a leader role to lead 3 frontend engineers on mainly focused and profitable projects in the company.
- Created a UI library and cooperated with a design team to build a design system.
- Optimized the performance of our applications from multiple aspects including bundle size, transmission time, and shrinking loading waterfall.
- Increased teams' efficiency in many ways including building a utility library, improving JsBridge, creating a logger library, introducing prettier, actively writing documentation to share know-how.
- Supported hiring process as an interviewer, screened 200+ resumes, and conducted 40+ technical interviews.
Sr. Frontend Engineer
17 Media, Taiwan
2018/03 - 2019/07
- Created from scratch a VIP income system by conducting the end-user interview before working on the design independently in the absence of a designer. The system led to 60% fewer mistakes made in the daily operations of the VIP team.
- Optimized the performance of a gift management system with large lists to deliver a silky 60FPS experience.
- Created an internal CLI to deploy and preview in-progress branch on staging environment for demonstrating the new features to the end users independently.
- Led the team on exploring best practices and drawing up schema conventions for GraphQL-based developments.
- Built a refined testing environment for our team by integrating Circle CI with GitHub, and compiled documents on the unit test guide.
- Upgraded React to v16 without breaking anything with the help of e2e tests, codemod, and a thorough validation plan.
- Apollo GraphQL
commandp Inc., Taiwan
2015/12 - 2017/03
"commandp" was a start-up that helps individuals create their customized products such as phone case, t-shirt, and etc..
- Built a hybrid App based on React Native, and optimized network usage, animations, and large lists. Resulted in speeding up iteration and benefited business logic changing.
- Architected and implemented a universal checkout web app based on React and Express. Resulted in exempting from repetitively building checkout features in different platforms (iOS, Android, and web pages).
- Developed and documented an editing tool SDK based on React and canvas, which was successfully selected by the Chinese largest gift website (liwusuo.com) and brought a profit for commandp.
- Coordinated the effort of communication between the frontend and backend team by drawing up RESTful API, and providing Rails helpers for consistent UI.
- Pioneered unit testing, frontend deployment automation, and development process. Increase the code quality and relieve the burden on developers.
- React Native
- Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails Developer
Brubecker Technology, Taiwan
2014/08 - 2015/10
- Developed and maintained projects using Ruby on Rails, and practiced OOP and TDD
- Migrated API service from Node.js to Ruby on Rails
- Improved CSS structure. Unified naming style and made CSS modulized
- Redesigned the company website to make it more responsive and better looking
- Ruby on Rails
- RSpec and Minitest
- AWS EC2, RDS, S3, SNS, EB
Hong Ding Educational Technology, Taiwan
2013/07 - 2014/06
- Leaded a team to build a online course platform that helps 12 universities to train their teaching assistants.
- Developed Oauth2 provider system based on Java.
- Designed and implmented a relationship management system for schools.
- As an instructor, helped customers use company's products efficiently.
- Java, JSP
- PHP, CodeIgniter
- OAuth 2.0